Commitment that charge will be taken
The sponsor commits themselves to cover the student’s costs of stay, health costs as well as costs of repatriation borne by the Belgian government or by a Public Centre for Social Welfare (CPAS).
Anyone wishing to act as a sponsor and to sign a commitment that charge will be taken “Annex 32” for a student in connection to their visa application or extension of their residence permit, should submit the following documents by post (Kalliolinnantie 5, 00140 Helsinki) or by email (email@example.com). No documents will be accepted at the counter.
- Valid proof of identity (passport or identity card)
- Residence permit in Finland or Estonia, if applicable
- A recent (max. 6 months old) extract from the population register on your name and with complete information on your family composition (your spouse and your children). If you are single or do not have children, this should be explicitly mentioned on the document. In Finland, please contact the DVV (Digital and Population Data Services Agency) to obtain the extract “Person and family relationship information”. In Estonia, the competent authority is your regional civil status administration (Linnavalitsus / Vallavalitsus)
- The latest tax decision with the total income, total income tax and paid unemployment insurance and pension contributions for that fiscal year: In Finland “verotuspäätös” issued by Vero. In Estonia “taxation data certificate” in English by Tax and Customs Board or obtained via e-MTA.
- Proof of payment: 20€ per "commitment that charge will be taken" paid on our account prior to processing: Embassy of Belgium, IBAN: FI6817223000000249 (Nordea), SWIFT: NDEAFIHH
- Proof of your spouse’s income, if applicable (their latest pay slip/proof of social benefits etc.)
- Original certified copy of the student’s passport. The student is to present his/her passport to his respective authorities for a certified copy. This certified copy in its original form needs to be presented at the Embassy. Scans or copies of the certified copy will not be accepted.
- If the financial sponsorship concerns a student, proof of admission to a Belgian educational institution
- Pay slips of the past three months
- Work contract
- A recent attestation from your employer proving that your work contract is still in effect
- Proof of income of the past three months
- Proof of compulsory contributions as independent (i.e. prepaid tax, pension and other insurances, social contributions) of the past three months
- A recent extract from the Trade Register: In Finland "kaupparekisteriote from the Finnish Trade Register. In Estonia an extract (registry card) from the commercial register generated in the e-Business Register.
Your application shall be processed within 3 weeks. If your income is higher than the required amount, we can add the mention “sufficient means” and legalise the commitment that charge will be taken. For this it is necessary to make an appointment. The signing of the commitment that charge will be taken must take place at the embassy in front of a member of the embassy’s administrative personnel. The forms are available at the embassy.
As a general rule, a sponsor must have at least (these amounts are defined by the Immigration Office and are subject to regular indexations):
- 1.330,74 EUR net/month for themselves
- + 679 EUR net/month for the student
- + 150 EUR net/month for each person financially dependent on them